So I’m in Dubai now after a hectic week in Pakistan without much electricity or energy. The weather isn’t too bad here, although the evenings have a rather drenching humidity. Laps in the pool this evening? Perhaps less laps and more floundering about.…
shared via WordPress.com
This morning the Metro had an article on Page 21 entitled ‘A colossal waste of food’. It outlined how a good year for wheat crops in India has led to a serious lack of storage space across the country. Lack of storage has in turn led to wheat rotting where it stands.
1) “42% of Indians under the age of 5 are malnourished.”
2) “Selling the grain at a subsidised prices is not possible because it will expand the fiscal deficit”
3) People are starving to death.
4) Food is being wasted.
5) People starving. Food wasted.
6) Children dying, food available.
7) Children dying, food rotting.
What is wrong with you human world? (Oh, the lack of humanity)